- Do you support hierarchical multiple categories ?
In Book library software: we support hierarchical categories - you can check that in Free version.
In Book library Book library Pro - you also can assign one book to many categories
- Do you support multiple languages for Titles ? I Have around 1000 russian books but I want to add english translations of titles.
Not Full clear what you mean. Ours software - booklibrary free and Pro version support English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Persian(Farsi), Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
You can check that with free version.
Also you may use Joomla Fish for create full books manual translate, or Sef Translate for create auto translate.
But we haven't special fields for add set titles
- Do you support tagging for books (to add keywords) ?
For this we use special components like sh404sef - what permit set SEO option like KeyWords page Title and other ...
- Can I have multiple sorting (ex : sorting all books by country, year, etc) or should I create one category for each criteria
For yours books in Book library Free version you can order all book manual exactly as wish. Every book you manual will need order
In Pro version you can set Default ordering for all book.You can choose from sort by Title or By Author. But users will can reorder books. So if you set order by Title - users will can reorder by Author
But any way all book categories will ordering in common way - you will can't define self ordering for some alone category.
-What is the behavior of category , can I Hide some of them from navigation ?
In Book library Pro and Free version you will can hide some categories. Also in Pro version - you can hide/show book category exactly for some USER Group
- Do you support custom fields ? Documents can be previewed trough viewer and link must be on book page.
For now - Not support. Any additional info you can add to description field
- Can I add a lucene full text index to search ?
Sorry, Not understand yours question,
lucene - that free API so you can add it to any thing what wish.
We not use that API in Book LIbrary. For search in ours software we have inner search, we extend Joomla search with help search plugin, and we have special Module for search
- Can I have multiple files to download ?
Sorry - only one file for download for every book
- And finally, Is source code available ?
Yes all ours software have open code
You may free download Book library free version for check there
Youcan check full compare Book library versions list:
Also you always can buy customer version with features as you wish, through ours site contact form