OrdaSoft forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix? (0 viewing) 
BookLibary Component Support
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix?
rsandberg (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix? 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
First, I love BookLibrary.

But, I keep having to reinstalling.

Shortly after I start adjusting frontend or backend settings, I suddenly get HTTP 500 Server Error and all links, backend and front end go nowhere except to a HTTP 500 Server Page.

I have become expert at manually uninstalling and reinstalling with backup SQL files. Everything will work fine as I add say another 5 books, adjust frontend and backend settings. Then, suddenly, POOF! HTTP 500 Server Errors and I have to manually uninstall and reinstall. I can do this because I know how to use PHP Admin to drop all booklibrary tables and search for and delete booklibrary content in the jos_assets, jos_extensions, and jos_menu tables.

I can backup the SQL files, manually uninstall, and reinstall in about 30 minutes. But I can't keep doing this.

I know you want me to make OrdaSoft a SuperAdmin, but I am afraid you will break something on my site.

Isn't there something you can advise me to do to stop getting this repeated HTTP 500 Server Errors?

Click on the "Books & Journals" link to get the error. Note that the "Featured" modules look great on the right.

Help! Please. I don't want to give up on BookLibrary; when it works it is GREAT!!

callmeherman.org

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
      Topics Author Date
    thread link
HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix?
rsandberg 2012/04/28 05:44
    thread link
thread linkthread link Re:HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix?
admin 2012/04/28 07:14
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread link Re:HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix?
rsandberg 2012/04/28 13:45
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread linkthread link Re:HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix?
rsandberg 2012/04/28 21:05
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread linkthread linkthread link Re:HTTP 500 Server Error - Reinstalling Only Fix?
admin 2012/05/01 10:17
Go to top
What are you looking for?
Anti-spam question: How many eyes has a typical person?